Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

These are the only pictures that I took during  Thanksgiving day. I haven't become great at taking alot of pictures during occasions like this. I did however make sure to get pictures of me, Jason, the kids and Jenn and Trent. Grandma Josie didn't show up until later that evening so by then I was to exhausted to give the effort. :/ We had turkey, ham, stuffing, green bean casserole, broccoli and rice casserole, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and a pumpkin cheesecake I baked that no one ate! The one complaint I have about making 3 casseroles and home made cheesecake is that no one really ate them and they ended up in the trash. Next year I will probably not bake so much. We'll do the regular canned corn and green beans. The kids were happy though and we all managed to spend time together and enjoy it. We asked the kids what they were thankful for (Brooke and Tyler mainly) and these were some of the things they said:
  • Our home
  • Mommy and Daddy
  • "my Thomas trains" -Tyler
  • My friends -Brooke
This is kind of all I can remember. I guess it's your typical 7 and 5 year old thanks, but I did make it a point that we should be most thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus for the families they have blessed us with. Without family this holiday wouldn't have been possible for us. So before bedtime when I asked them again what were they thankful for, they did say "Jesus and Heavenly Father." I accomplished my main important teaching to the kids that day. I am so thankful for so many things. Not just the happy and material things, but for the challenges and struggles that I go through in my life. If life were so happy and perfect how would we know to be grateful? Would anything really be "happy"? I really doubt it. You have to taste the bitter before you can taste the sweet. It's so easy to just focus on things that make me made, things I cannot seem to understand or change, but in the end I have a wonderful life to be thankful for. I have parents who have taught me values and morals. Who have guided me in my marriage with Jason, my issues with his family, and have always taught me to not make mountains out of Moe hills. This is something very important and valuable that I will carry close in mind. Most of my thanks goes to God though. I am thankful for the missionaries who came to my doorstep and taught me the true teachings of Jesus. Who prayed for me to bear my own testimony of this gospel and for the members of the church who have supported me and  my family through becoming a member myself. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is such a wonderful part of my life. I feel so pure and at peace with my understanding of the restored church of Jesus Christ, for our prophets and presidency who guide and direct us. Brooke is going to be 8 years old on January 8 and she is looking forward to being baptized. She is SO excited and ready to take on this covenant with the Lord. Some people ask me at church if I am going to let her (I guess because they may think me being a convert, that I may not agree with such a commitment for a child at 8 years old) and of course if this is what Brooke decides to do (which she obviously has) I am going to fully encourage and support her. I know that she may not fully understand the commandments and everything that I may know and understand, but she does know that being baptized means Choosing The Right (CTR). I plan to really focus this month (December) on talking with Brooke and emphasizing that promise she makes with Heavenly Father when she is baptized. Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday because it helps me really give thanks to what's important. It re tunes me with the spirit and my callings as a mom, wife, christian, friend, cousin..etc. It still is very challenging, but hopefully I can pray more about these worldly challenges. Focus more on loving and forgiving. Putting more effort into healing broken relationships, building my family.

 We had a really thankful Thanksgiving and I hope to carry on this joy consistently. Although at times I am sure it won't seem as genuine, but if I can just keep carrying it on for others to see then that is what's most important to me. To live and lead to enable others to feel the fruit of this tree I have taken into my spirit. I can't wait for the day to have an eternal marriage and family with Jason and the kids, and for them to carry that desire to. I have such a faith to be happy and grateful for. :) -Kayla xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment