Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Brooke is now an 8 year old

So my baby girl is now 8 years old. I can remember the day bringing her home to my mom's tiny apartment on Fresno street. It was freezing and raining and my mom and Roy drove me and Brooke home in his jeep. I had the hardest time breast feeding and Brooke was colic so it definitely wasn't an easy first day home. She was so tiny! Brooke has for sure without a doubt has molded me into the mom I am today. I have learned with her so many things. I for sure am not always the mom I want to be for her, but my heart is in the right place. She has really grown as a little girl into a semi-responsible 2nd grader. I still can't believe she is going to be a 3rd grader this coming August!!!! WOW! She loves so sweetly, always trying to give to others. She is always thinking about all of us, when we're sick, when we look sad or asking me why am I upset (mad). She is a genuine little girl. She has proved to Jason and I that she brilliant, she made the GT (Gifted and Talented) program at Edgemere this year. I went over the  assessment testing and the scores she made with the GT coordinator and I couldn't believe what my little 7 year knows! I am 24years old and didn't know how to answer a lot of the questions she was given in this assessment. I am so proud of her and I pray that she continues to strive in her studies. I pray even more that I can be right by her side supporting and encouraging her. Her sassy "attitude" has simmered down as well! I was struggling for a long time having to be patient with her when she would try to control Jason and I, and teaching her to not talk back to us. But I believe our Savior is working with us. Guiding us as mom and daughter and helping us to where we need to be. I surprised Brooke by making Hello Kitty cupcakes for her class Friday afternoon!! I didn't tell her I was going and I asked her teacher to keep it a secret as well. Brooke loved it! and so did her class!! I really felt so happy inside to see her so happy! We weren't able to do a cake for her yesterday because we weren't able to get our funds on time. We plan on doing that for her today though. I have to say it's been a wonderful 8 year old memory for us all. I love my little baby girl with more than she'll ever know. :))

Mommy loves you Brooke. Always and Forever. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment