Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Bucket List

So I am up and should probably be asleep but I just have to many things going on in my mind. For one I am so thankful for Jason's aunt Melanie. I really do believe that God has put her in our life at his timing. I am inspired by her and her willingness to reach out to mine and Jason's marriage. She sent me a book to read (that I am hoping to begin reading the beginning of April, because I am trying to finish up Tim Tebow's memoir "Through My Eyes"). She also sent us a plastic picture frame with the cute saying "I love you today because..." along with a dry erase marker to fill in each day why we love one another. I think it was intended for me to let Jason know why I love him today, but he has jumped in and has written about 3 things about me that he loves and me as well about him. It's genius and it's humility generous and savvy. We hit an itch about a month ago in our marriage and I had a prompting in my heart and mind to reach out to Melanie about my feelings and concerns about mine and Jason's relationship/marriage/friendship. At that time she still gave me wonderful advice and scriptures to strive on and I love that! Her kindness even sent me this book and frame and I haven't even had it for a 24hr period and I'm enjoying it like crazy. This is us Glorifying our Father in Heaven! He loves us all and he wants us to help everyone in need. Reaching out and serving to his other children. :)
      Spring Break has already come to and end, we now have only Saturday (tomorrow), Sunday and Monday with Brooke and Tyler home, so I am hoping to make the best of it. It's been a pretty blessed spring break. We have spent LOTS of time at the parks and we took the kids to Amarillo Wednesday to the Discover Center. They loved it soo much and they each got to pick a souvenir to bring home. Tyler chose a floor puzzle that has wildlife animals on it. Brooke chose an anatomy eyeball that she is still struggling to assemble, I just hope she will keep up with the pieces because it was $20!! Way pricey for my liking.  Then my little Taylor got a dinosaur key chain that roars like...a dinosaur! All in all I had a great time and I think we'll definitely plan more family outings to Amarillo. I really like it there and I am kind of tired of Lubbock. I love memories like this. Unfortunately I lost my camera and I am thinking I left it at the park Tuesday when we spent the afternoon with Lupe, Zoe and family. I'm so bummed but I'll just have to wait for an opportunity to buy another one. I know Jason isn't to happy with me about losing it.
      Speaking of opportunities, I am going tomorrow at 8(am) to Cargill to apply for a part-time position in the lab. My supervisor Andy (he was my supervisor when I worked for him in 2005) called me this afternoon and asked me if I would be interested in this position because he is very short handed.  I really pray that I get this job. Times are weighing down on Jason and I, and I have been thinking and thinking about where I can find a good job. A job that would provide for us but yet enable me to be here for the kids as their mom as well. I trust that Heavenly Father will lead our sweet family where he wants us to be. I loved my job when I worked there from 2005 to 2007. I'm older now and I have experienced alot, so if this job happens for me I am definitely taking care of it. Then maybe I can buy me a new camera :) and pay my college debts.
      On the flipside I've been thinking about making a "Bucket List." There are alot of things I want to accomplish as a person but as a mom. I want to be good at doing lots of things and I want invest my down-time on something benefiting. So here is my right now list:

  • I want to learn to sew. Why? Because I want to sew Brooke curtains, I want to make cute shirts (inspiration from a friend on FB who makes the cutest shirts for her girls) and towels, etc. Sewing is a wonderful trait to have and is definitely benefiting. 
  • Making home-made tortillas. I know they're not all healthy for you but Jason loves them and let's not forget, my boys are skinny and have little problem pooping. So I really don't think tortillas will be that horrible for them, besides Brooke and I love them. :)
  • I want to become a better reader. I started right now, tonight, reading Tim Tebow's memoir. So far it is already wonderful and inspiring. I'll start Melanie's book right after this one. I want to lead my kids in good example and hobbies. So reading is a must too.
  • Wow, I can't believe it's so short! I'll have to think more tomorrow because right now I really need to work on resting. So Juno it is!! -Kayla 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment