Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A mother's love is always enough

Well Christmas is 4 days away now and I think we're as ready as we can be. The tree is loaded with presents beneath it and I can't wait to see Brooke, Tyler and Taylor's faces when they open their gifts. I chose to not beat myself up this year about what and how much we were going to buy the kids. I know it wouldn't be fair for me to put that stress on Jason or my dad (which I hoped I didn't do, to much), and because Christmas isn't about what's under the tree, it's about who is around it with you. In a eternal perspective. I've been blessed with kids who don't ask for much anyways!! Tonight is actually a night that I am so thankful for. Grandma Josie took all 3 kids for a sleepover at her place tonight!! I hope it goes well, especially with Tator (Taylor). It's nice to have this time to just lay down, to think and gather my thoughts. This past Tuesday Jason and I went with the boys (Tyler, Taylor and Brae) to Lubbock to go to Tyler's Sylvan follow-up appointment on how he scored on his assessments. The appointment took about an hour and half, and we have committed into enrolling Tyler in the program. What the assessor explained to us was very strong advice. He asked us questions like "what are you goals for Tyler? To get him where he needs to be academically to graduate high school, or to prepare him to attend a college of his choice?"  It's obvious how we answered. There are somethings that he has mastered and also some things he hasn't. Being in a public school, they're programs are very different. They're more directed towards "passing" students on a different criterias based on percentage of knowledge ability. Ex: There are 26 letters in the alphabet, a kindergartner is required to know or make a 70% in order to move on to 1st grade. This means that not every letter will be mastered...which just leads to a countless number of complications for most students who do not all interpret the alphabet on mastery level. I want Tyler to have the confidence in his education to help him strive with an ambition geared towards accomplishing a college degree. It's so wonderful that we have chosen to get him this help so early in his age! Reading is most important for him and we have all confidence that we're doing what is best for him. This son of mine is such an angel and I love everything about him. His smile, his loving snuggles and his big brown eyes! Some things really hurt me (I am one to take comments VERY personal) and my dad is sometimes to jokingly with me. I one time was visiting with my dad about my concerns for Tyler and how he is progressing in school, and my dad had agreed with me that he didn't notice Tyler struggling in some parts...I then referred to Tyler as "different". Which I meant that he gets it, he very much understands his schooling, he just handles it "differently." Little did I know my dad would turn that into a joke! :( He now says "he isn't dumb Ms.Gump...he's just....different." It does hurt me so bad, because I know my dad compares Tyler to Brooke. Which isn't fair...if that's the case then that dumb saying applies to every other child who isn't in a GT program at their school. I plan on talking him tomorrow to get this sadness and bothered heart back to peace. I just wish sometimes my dad wouldn't be so naive...especially to his grand-kids. I feel some things in the near future changing, I just need to focus my decisions with prayer first. My eyes are bothering me pretty bad right now...so I'll follow-up with my pictures tomorrow.---Kayla Xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment