Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

By far the best invesment

So in my post before this one I express my concern for Tyler's potential setbacks as a kindergartner. I definitely acted on it quick. The whole "oh, he's just a boy"  saying just isn't a good enough excuse for me, actually there are NO excuses for me in what Tyler is capable of achieving. I know he just needs more one on one time with a professionally trained tutor. So I had made an appointment at the Sylvan Learning Center in Lubbock with a woman named Kellie, who by the way is the sweetest woman, we went ahead and made out deposit and scheduled his screening/testing for October 6th. We took Tyler with us yesterday to Lubbock, so he was able to go into the center and he seemed really ok with it!! :)) This really put my heart and mind at ease. I was so worried if he would maybe be upset about the whole thing, but he did so good. I am very optimistic about this decision. I know it is what's best for him, and I personally think it is only best to start this sooner than later. It is expensive, but God is providing for us to fund this for him. It is by far the best investment ever. Our responsibility as parents to Tyler is to provide him with the best opportunities in life to help him succeed in living a fulfilled, independent life. This is why we're doing all of this for him. As expensive as the tuition is, my goal is to have him in the Sylvan program the remainder of the kindergarten year. I leave it all in Heavenly Father's hands, I asked him in prayer to help guide me in what I needed to do for Tyler, and this is where he has brought me so far. My mind is at peace with all of it. Another appointment we had in Lubbock was Jason's follow-up at UMC for his work release. He has been released to full duty with no restrictions. His doctor told him that within 6 months his burns will be all gone, so basically he won't have any scarring. I'm amazed how well his body healed from all of this! He had so many wonderful people praying for him and his recovery and I believe their prayers were faithful and heard. <3 Our family has been so blessed in more ways than one. So while we were in Lubbock Jennifer had called me and said she was at the house and we had a letter from the school for Brooke. It turns out my wonderful lady has been recommended as a candidate for the GT program! I am SO SO proud of her! I feel honored, and at the same time somewhat guilty. I didn't really see Brooke at all yesterday because we didn't make it back until late. I really wanted to praise her and just let her stay up as late as she wanted, but I needed her to just go to sleep. I had a million things going on and it was late so she definitely needed to be sleeping. I went to sleep with the saddest heart. Jason did reassure me to just take it one day at a time, so this is just what I'm going to have to do. I just hope I'm sharing myself equally with all the kids, I pray that God pull me through these emotions and help me reassure them. Everything else in our lives are running smoothly and I am thankful. I pray in thanks to our loving Father all of the time. He is taking care of my little family. -xoxo Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment