Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Care-Taker (Noses and beads)

So yesterday was just another typical "mommy" day, waking up and getting the kids off to school. I was  lucky enough to come home with Taylor still sleeping, so I went ahead and took advantage of that and went and showered. So by the time I get done showering and all Taylor is already awake. So I told him to sit down by the tub while I did my make-up. I kind of saw him from the corner of my eye get up and go to the room. I just assumed this little boy was playing with his trains or something. About five minutes later he comes into the bathroom saying "nose, nose" in a very whiny way, so I get up and check his nose. Sure enough I couldn't see anything, so I brushed it off and told him he was ok. When we were done getting ready we went to United so I could buy some stuff for Brooke and Tyler's lunch. While we were in United Taylor kept sneezing up a storm! I then started thinking "maybe he really does have something in his nose!" There was so much to do though at that time I think Taylor and I both were distracted to even really pay enough attention to what was going on with his nose. Well then it was off to have lunch with grandma Josie and that's when I told her about Taylor complaining about his nose. She looked up it and said she might think something was up it and that I should take him to the doctor just to be on the safe side. Ugh, I was like "man, another $20 co-pay and what if it's nothing but allergies?" I however listened to my mommy-intuition and made an appointment to see Dr.Turner, boy was that not a GENIUS decision! Turns out little stinker had a bead in his nose!! It was horrible holding him down while Doc tried to remove the bead. Especially because his tiny nose was beginning to bleed. It broke my heart, but I knew we had to get this bead out! Doc is amazing, he didn't give up and he managed to get the bead out. I love him, and I love him even more for the family doctor he has been to many generations of families. I was sure praying thanks that Heavenly Father watched over this little stinker boy Taylor. :))  During all of this I came to thinking how amazing it is that as mothers we just know when something needs checking. How we have this extra special sense in our children and loved ones. I am not this way with just my kids, but with myself and everyone close around me. I really believe my role is a care-taker role. It's just what I do. I wonder what life is going to be like for me considering Taylor is our last child. He will eventually grow out of his toddler stage and become more independent, needing mommy less. :(( I'm really considering nursing, but it's further down the road. Jason and I have some plans for this coming year that we're very optimistic about. We really want to pay off the truck and save, save, SAVE so we can have a down payment for this home and qualify for a home mortgage loan. I know there are things that still need to be done in this house, but with time it will come. We just want to enable ourselves to be home owners and start our own little nest. I have looked at other houses around the area and this house (pepaw's) is just the only one I truly love. I love the way the windows in the front are and the drive way he has replaced. So this is our main goal. :)) Well I have to pick up around the house because the missionaries are coming over at 1:30 and Taylor and I are not bathed yet. I just needed to post about Taylor's nose experience while it's still fresh in my mine. -xoxox

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment