Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful

This morning we all were blessed to wake up to rain everywhere! I woke up on my own thinking it was around 6:30 but when I went to check the time it was 7! I couldn't believe how dark it was outside, but I just love this cold, cloudy, wet weather. There are puddles everywhere. I know it sounds dumb, but we have had very LITTLE rain and moisture in Plainview. It has been the first drought that I have lived through, and it has given me an appreciation for the rain we are blessed with. It's funny how I never seem to think of things like that, but when were going to Lubbock a few weeks ago I was looking at all the dry fields, and how none of the grass on the median was green, I began to think about the farmers and how they're probably really struggling this year in growing their crops. It saddens my heart and I pray that Heavenly Father watch over us all and provide for our families. So, waking up to this kind of weather really allows me to feel some sort of happiness. It's funny because you would think summer time would bring you that fulfillment, but this summer was to hot and to dry to even somewhat enjoy. We stayed inside the majority of the time! I do however love the cold fall weather. :)) Ok, so on another note, we have new Missionaries and their names are Elder Soffe and Elder Pulcifer (I'm not sure about the spelling on his name) and they are so amazing. It's been a long while since we have had missionaries that bring the spirit with them. I am in NO way criticizing either. I am only saying it's been awhile for me since I have had that welcoming feeling for the missionaries. This is all God's timing, not ours. He gave me a break to myself and in the time I feel personally that I need the missionaries in my life, he provides these two for me. We discussed a lot yesterday and we got to know each other more on personal levels, which is very important in order to be accomplish a lot of about the gospel. Being a mormon is not easy in any way. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is probably the only church with tremendously high standards. Through my testimony I believe that living for Christ is not supposed to be easy. We will be challenged in more ways than others, but those challenges are put in our lives for two reasons : 1. To bring you closer to Heavenly Father or 2. To drift you from our Father (like Satan wants) and sink you in the unhappiness of the world. I really don't think or believe there are any other options as far as when we're going through good or bad times. When my life is happy and content I pray in thanks. I thank our Heavenly Father for blessing me with these happy emotions. Now when my life is challenging and my heart is burdened to the deepest of sadness, I pray in hope. I ask him to help me get through these times, to show me how to deal with and to allow the spirit to strongly guide me for my family, and he is so faithful in doing so. My love for Jesus Christ and our Father in heaven is so strong and so beautiful that I feel motivated to strive in harder to be the example for my kids and my family so they can recognize the beauty and fulfillment we get when we have a close relationship with Jesus. There are times my mouth is nasty, I am in a bad mood, or I don't wake up on Sunday and go to church. This is ok, because the guilt of not doing the right thing weighs on my and refocuses me. I then miss in partaking of the sacrament and I must carry the burdens of last week onto the next Sunday. It really humbles me, but it teaches me as well in to where I really need to be in order to feel cleansed and strong. You know, Jason and I have even been praying at night together and it really gives me hope. I know he wasn't brought up with the basic principles of church and baptism, but I will just keep praying the Jesus show him the light. I love him deeply, I really think I love him more than I allow myself to believe..but I know this gospel is true and I hope to show him that through love. These were just some thoughts I needed to blog, but I'm going to go shower since Taylor is still sleeping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment