Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Edgemere Elementary "Open House" 9-29

Tyler standing in front of his seat in class. Notice his handwriting is very legit.

The infamous Family Tree. Their theme was "All About Me"
I noticed that Tyler's fingerprint tree was the neatest of them all. :))
Brooke's class made a little "Guess Who" game. We had to read the clues to guess which was our child.



The bestfriend named "Emilee" gave it away for me!!

Surprise, it's BROOKE!!

I love how she included the family in her autobiography!

Little man Taylor is going to get some recognition, The letters behind him are the ones I was talking about.

So here are the pictures that I took at the kids open house at Edgemere. This is a pretty late post, but it's all still fresh in my mind. I've had hardly any time for blogging. I feel like I set aside time everyday to blog, but then something usually takes up that time. Since everyone seems to be playing independently right now, I'll take advantage to catch up! :) Open house went really good. Jason and I got to look around Tyler's classroom, and Tyler was so excited to show us everything and explain to us how Ms.Stevens applies it to their lessons. Her room is super cute! Her lockers have foam letters of the alphabet all along them and Tyler was able to show me each letter and tell me their sign, along with a word that begins with that letter! I was so impressed and proud of him! Tyler's handwriting is so neat too! He is doing so well in school and I am so optimistic with his studies, especially now since we're going to invest in Sylvan for him, for sure for three months. Ms.Stevens praised his behavior and had very up lifting things to say about Tyler. My mind is put at ease knowing that he is learning well and getting along with the other kids. I worried about his social skills and hoped that he was making friends, and I believe he is doing great with the kids in his class, etc. Now for Miss.Brooke, she is doing AMAZING!! Mrs.Marks praised her as well! She said that Brooke is very motivated and determined in class. She focuses real well on her class work and is most of the time obedient. Brooke and the other little girls in her class can be chatty and sassy, and Mrs.Marks said she does have to separate them most of the time (which doesn't surprise me because Brooke is definitely a leader ad not a follower, and her leadership skills most oftenly come off as her being "bossy"). I talked to Mrs.Mahagan and she told me that she gives Brooke 4th grade worksheets in class and she does them well! My, was I impressed by this girl!! Brooke was given a reading assessment and she ready 117 words a minute!! Mrs.Marks said that they don't even expect but 97 words per minute for 3rd graders!! My lady is doing awesome!! I am over all content and proud of how Brooke and Tyler are excelling in school. It was a productive evening, and we finished it off by treating the kids with an ice cream from Dairy Queen. I hope I continue to lead the kids in the right direction as well as being there for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment