Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Golden Days of fall..I am waiting for you

Well it's the first day of August and I have decided to make this month a productive month. As summer is quickly coming to an end I've been thinking more about how we are supposed to live like Christ. I guess this thought is normal because of all of the drifting that has been going on between my brother and his family, cousins, uncles and aunts with our family. I went to the stake Relief Society meeting in Lubbock on Saturday. The speaker was a woman named Nicole Mortensen, she was a newly divorced woman moving her and her 5 children from Florida to Nevada (I might be wrong on Nevada, I'm not sure) when they were driving outside of Amarillo and were in a car accident killing her 14 year old daughter Jada. This happened a month ago, and she was so strong enough to give the RS talk. Wow! You know the thing that I have learned from the LDS church is there is life after death, death is all apart of the plan of Salvation. All families are promised eternal life being being sealed in the temple. But for Nicole Mortensen to praise her daughter and share the experiences they just had shared helped me realize that I as a mom need to just surrender myself and children to God. We are his children, and with him he will lead us. I take so much upon myself that when I set goals, unrealistic goals especially, I fail. I lay in bed at night just beating myself up about not loving on Brooke enough, not reading to Tyler and Taylor enough, not making it a priority to talk about Jesus and read scriptures with the kids enough..but in reality this is just one of the many trials and burdens I will carry. We're being trialed, this is crucial part of our guide to be back with Christ, to be tested. So since the year isn't nearly over, I'll start over with seasons..fall is coming quick! And I just want to be a better mom. So here are some of my goals:
1.) Always be ahead, whether it's homework assignments are remembering school assigned works.
2.) Be more involved with Brooke and Tyler and their teachers/classrooms.
3.) Pray at night together
4.) Take the kids to the bulldog home games
5.) Eat lunch with them at least once a week...

I'm sure I'll of more as I plan for this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment