Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why NOT me?.?.?.?

This morning Brooke came to and told me her neck was hurting her. Well last night Brooke and I went walking with my mom and Jennifer, so I figured she may have pulled a muscle in her neck, especially because Brooke did quite a bit of running. So I kind of just felt around her neck where she said it was hurting, well I felt little pea sized lymph nodes ( she has always had these, and Doc has already looked at them) and her neck felt a little swollen. The pain is right underneath her ear. Well as the type of mom I am, I always prepare myself for the worst! Why I do this, I don't know. It's just my personality I guess. I just always prepare myself for the worst outcomes, not just with my kids, but my whole family. So many thoughts came to my mind, like what if it's something bad? What if it's cancer!! I have NO idea why I torture myself this way, in the end I just pray that Heavenly Father take Brooke, because she is his child and not so much mine, and heal her little body. To give me the strength to love my child and to be patient with her, and most importantly to help me be thankful for him and my children. I was thinking to myself "instead of me sitting here giving myself anxiety asking 'why me?', I should be praising God and saying 'why NOT me?" I heard on Air1 a few days ago of a woman who's daughter was going through some hard trials and she said she had told her daughter that God never gives us more than we can handle, her daughter replied "well he must really think I'm strong." The more I think about it, I think this woman's daughter was sick. I can't remember. But in times like this I'm trying to focus on praying in thanks, sometimes I beat myself up thinking I pray selfishly. Well to end this, Brooke has an appointment at 2:30 w/ Dr.Turner. I'm going to register her for 2nd grade!! before then...so we have quite a bit to do. I'm so ready for fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment