Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Unimagineable

Today was a day that seemed "normal" to me, but little did I know what I was going to have to prepare myself with. But to begin with, I want to praise my husband Jason. He is so amazing, he helps me so much with our kids, he helps me with things around the house, and most importantly he helps me when I'm down. Jason's humor is so out of this world!, and I LOVE it. Now to go on to the events of this dreadful day. This afternoon (8-16-11, it's already past "today") Jason had called me to tell me was going to be staying late at work. Our conversation kind of went like this

Me: I don't want you to stay late, I love you more than money
Jason: I know poops, but this will be good for us next week. Now be sure to have some chili dogs ready when I get home
Me: We're not having chili dogs, we're having beans, spam and bread
Jason: mmmm sounds good! I got to go, love you see you when I get home

The conversation went alot like that, this is who we are. I'm so grateful that we hung up that way. Thirty minutes after getting that call, Jason and a coworker were badly burned from a high pressure water pipe that busted on them causing them both to have second-degree burns on the upper parts of their bodies. They were airlifted to the UMC burn unit in Lubbock because 1.Plainview hospital will never care for my family, and 2. Plainview hopsital doesn't have a burn unit. The shock in seeing my husband hurt was more than I imagined, I didn't know what to think. It's as if my brain shut down, I was clueless! I quickly realized I needed to get myself together and figure out what I needed to do next regarding the kids. As I was driving home (Jason's safety manager drove me home, I was badly in shock to of driven myself) I was thanking our loving Father for taking care of my husband, I prayed for him to comfort him during this and to strengthen the both of us for our families. What a faithful Heavenly Father we have. He has comforted me during this, I know he is comforting my Jason and all of our friends and family. I prayed for peace and strength while driving to Lubbock and I left the hospital with just that. I know my Jason is in pain, and I know this recovery won't begin easily, but I DO KNOW EVEN MORE that through Jesus Christ we will be taken care of. I have to remain strong in my faith for myself and for Jason. I cannot do this by myself, it's selfish and impossible. I remind myself constantly that this is God's plan, and he will provide for us as we go through this. The doctors and nurses are very optimistic about his burns, his right arm may need skin graphing, but nothing has been confirmed. So I will remain praying for the doctors treating Jason and Cody, and for the guys as well. I am so thankful that I still have my husband and that he will recover. I will continuing leaning on our Savior and his strength..

No comments:

Post a Comment